This year the Fund is holding A Mandela In Every Generation Writing Competition for school students around the country – in celebration of Madiba’s centenary. Students are invited to submit pieces of writing inspired by Nelson Mandela’s legacy and values with the subject being:
- A Mandela in Every Generation: What can I do to make SA better for ALL children…
Who can take part?
The competition is open to ALL schools, any young people’s community organisations and direct individual entrants. We invite and challenge ALL schools to participate by encouraging the kids to enter the competition. Each school will then pick their TOP 5 entries/essays and send them to the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund, by email, post or fax. Direct individual entries are also welcome (where your school is not participating).
Please Note: the schools and/or children that wish to donate or fundraise for the NMCF are welcome to do so, and EFT the raised funds to NMCF (details below).
The three age groups are:
- Junior – up to 10 years old (the little ones can do drawings e.t.c)
- Intermediate – 11-13 years old
- Senior – 14-19 years old
Choose ONE of the following:
1) Write an essay about your role/responsibility in keeping Madiba dream of making SA better for all children.
2) Draw a picture of what a better SA looks like for all children. (Juniors – up to 10 years old)
- All answers may be in verse or prose.
- Think carefully about the language – choosing the words which best convey your intended meaning and message.
- You are encouraged to use everyday language and colloquialisms but if appropriate please include explanations in brackets.
- Think carefully about the characters in your writing and what they say about the world you live in.
- LANGUAGE – children are welcome and encouraged to write a language of their choice.
Word Count The maximum word count is 500 words
Deadlines All entries must be submitted by 6 July 2018
How to Enter
You can submit your entry with the form below or email it to t Vuyokazi Kakaza at firstname.lastname@example.org
South Africa Main Office
21 Eastwold Way, Saxonwold 2196, Gauteng
P.O. Box 797 Highlands North 2037
Email : email@example.com
Tel: (0027) 11 274-5600
Fax (0027) 11 486-3914
© 2018 Nelson Mandela Childrens Fund All rights reserved Non-Profit Organisation - Reg: 004-638